Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day












This morning my apartment mates and I woke up around 5:30 and caught a dala-dala into town. The U.S. Embassy was hosting an election party at the AICC in Arusha. We arrived at about 10 after 7am, just in time to hear speeches from both McCain and Obama. Coca-Cola provided free beverages (a big deal here) so we stuffed 10 bottles in our purses on our way out! We stayed until about 8:30, then got bored of watching everything on TV and left. After walking around Arusha all morning getting vegetables and discovering new shops, we headed back.

Laura was scheduled to work this afternoon, so Emma and I walked down to Arumeru Lodge and splashed around in the pool. I finally used the underwater feature on my camera! It was a blast!

Shortly after we got back to CoL (Cradle of Love), the skies filled with dark clouds and it started to get stormy. Good thing we swam when we did!

Notice the size of that beetle in the smallest picture. I hope you can see by comparison to my foot that the bug is BIG! I hope I never run into one of those again.

Tomorrow Ally and Zainabu, 22-month-old twins, are moving to a long-term care facility. I'm sad to see them go, but I'm glad that their mother is letting them be transferred to a place where they can grow up happily and healthfully.

No comments: