Friday, November 7, 2008

Babies Come, Babies Go

We've had some changes at the home lately!
Last week two families each brought us a preemie baby. Both are less than a month old. Amina (girl) and Lowasa (boy) are tiny, cute, precious bundles!
The very next day, someone found an abandoned baby by the side of a path. They took it to the hospital, and the hospital immediately sent the little girl to us. She still had birthing fluid on her little body. As Davona put it, she was "new, new, new!"
The nannies named the little girl Happiness. She weighed only 4 lbs. 5 oz with clothes on. What a tiny baby! She is doing well here.
Just yesterday, Ally and Zainabu, adorable little twins, transferred to another orphanage, where they will stay until they finish high school. I am sad to see them go, but I know it's for the best. I'm just grateful their mother let them go. She has been rather difficult.
Then in the afternoon we had the privilege of receiving ANOTHER baby! Little Joshua is 9 months old. His mother tried to get rid of him when he was first born, but a nun convinced her not to kill him. A friend has been taking care of him since he was only a month old. The mother is sick with HIV and is deciding what to do about his future. For now, he is here with us! He's a real cutie!
I don't have pictures yet, but Davona posted some on www.cradleoflove.com.
Also, I learned how to do one local hairstyle! I styled Rahma's hair. There is a picture of me with her on the CoL website.
Pray that funds flow in! I still need more money, and the baby home needs much more. We appreciate your prayers SO much! I know God has a plan, and it is comforting to me to know you are lifting us up to Him.

No comments: