Friday, November 21, 2008

Ouch

Until about 15 minutes ago, I'd never been stung by a bee.
Well...
Our water has been off for 2 days. I got desperate and tried to climb onto the water tank to see if the water was being routed to our apartment or not (it works downstairs....). By the way, our water tank is on top of the roof. There was a bee on the ladder so I batted it away with a stick. Gently.
But that bee/wasp/ugly-black-flying-thing-with-a-stinger came back with a vengeance.
I screamed and hopped around like a typical girl, but he got me. On my arm. Ouch!
It hurt a lot!
Over the next minute or two this warm sensation coursed through my arm (intermittent with shots of pain). I tried to mix baking soda with water, but alas, we had no water. I finally found a teaspoon of water in the bottom of our otherwise empty tea kettle and mixed up a little baking soda paste.
It doesn't hurt anymore.
The nannies asked if I took out the stinger. Um...no... :S It didn't look like there was one.
Anyway, I've officially had my first bee sting. Hope I did everything right.

No comments: