Friday, October 24, 2008

My Back


I recently received word from my dermatologist that I had to have a bump removed from my back as soon as possible. After much searching, I found a good doctor about an hour and a half away by bus. He removed the bump for me at no cost (what a blessing)!

Here is my scar as it looked on 10/24/08.

It's a bit sore....

Their local anesthetic isn't the best, so I had the privilege of being quite aware of some of the cutting and the stitches.

I'm thankful that everything went smoothly, though! God is good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, you didn't tell me you finally went in. Why not? I've been sooooooo worried about you. :(

I'm glad it went ok... that will be a very tiny scar later... just like the one i have on my back. :) We can be scar twins... some guys dig girls with scars. :)

Anyhow, on the other hand, I am thankful you had it done, and that it didn't cost you.

Kevin said...

Katie! That is crazy about the antiseptic not working to well! OUCH! I kind of had a similar thing happen to me once, except I didn't have someone cutting on me! I was out on a pier that was in the ocean but didn't connect to land anymore (that part of it had fallen down) and we had swam out to it! It was about 12 feet out of the water, so we were going to jump off of it and stuff! Well I got to the top and stepped on the bottom of a glass bear bottle and cut my foot open! I had to get stitches (5) and the doctor put the pain medicine in, then he left to wait for it to activate, well he came back like after forever like over an hour. He asked if it hurt, and I said no because I didn't want to wait again, and he started stabbing me with the needle and was like "yep no pain!" (I was biting the hospital pillow to keep quiet) and then he stitched it up! it wasn't fun so I feel for you! Anyways! just a little story I thought I would share with ya! Can't wait to talk with ya again! :D Bye!

Anonymous said...

Haha that's cool. But I'm sorry it hurt. I don't think I would have the guts to get a surgery done over there, no matter how small.