Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just Another Day

The other volunteers were gone today, and Davona went to church with her family. I was assigned to be a nanny from 7am to 1pm so I didn't get to go to church. My job as a nanny consisted of feeding, bathing, changing, putting down for naps, etc. for 6 babies. I was replacing a nanny who is on holiday for the month. I have the afternoon/evening shift tomorrow.

After my shift I rode the dala-dala into Tengeru. I just needed to get away, get some exercise and get some sunshine. It really helped! I talked to a few locals, as I always do when I go into town, and tried to learn more Swahili.

Here is a picture of Rachel, one of the shy babies who loves me:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying sharing your adventure in Africa through your blog. Your love and care for these little ones really shines through. I pray for you and them. The daily life reminds me of living in Indonesia, where life was likewise simpler and more basic some 30 years ago when I was a student missionary. It's lifechanging to serve in such places. God bless you.

Kevin said...

She is SO cute staring up at you! :D I am glad you were able to get away a little bit this afternoon! I hope you feel a little bit recharged! As always you are in my prayers.

Kevin