Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Only a Week Left . . . .

I have received approximately $2700 in donations. How amazing that is! I am truly blessed to have so many loving friends and family pitching in to help with my mission trip. Honestly in all my life I have never been so sure of a decision as I am of my choice to spend this year in Africa. I know that God will use me and mold me this coming year more than ever. I am absolutely thrilled to leave a week from today! In fact, exactly a week from this moment I will be in Washington, D.C., I believe, waiting to fly to Ethiopia!

I still need approximately $2500 more. This is how it breaks down: $400 for insurance, $1200 for food and necessities while I am gone, and $900 to reimburse me for what I've spent on supplies & vaccines. I have raised enough to get myself over to Africa, but I need money for food while I'm gone! I would also like to be reimbursed for what I've personally spent, because that money should be going on my school bill when I return.

Donations can be sent to the student missions office throughout the year to help support me. Remember not to write my name on any checks (rather on a post-it note attached), and to include your name and address with the donation. Send financial support to:

Walla Walla University
Office of Student Missions
204 S. College Ave.
College Place, WA 99324

Keep me in your prayers, as well as my two friends who leave for Tanzania the day after I do, Neil and Justin. They'll be working in a hospital near Kigoma. Also, please pray for the families of a few missionaries who were tragically killed in an accident in Chad.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Blessings, Katie, as you take on this challenge. I look forward to experiencing Chad with you in a minor way through your blog.

I work at the university and found your blog through Google Alerts.

May your journey be safe and your experiences memorable.