Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dentist

On Sunday I was eating breakfast with my new friends at Maxwell when one of my fillings fell out. At first I thought it was chunk of my tooth, but later realized it was my filling.

Tomorrow I'm headed to the dentist to get it fixed. The whole thing should cost me less than $100 (not like I have $100 anyway), which is a blessing compared the medical fees in the U.S.

Desi and I have had enormous amounts of fun thinking up "You know you're an SM when..." phrases. Read them at:
http://www.worldrightsideup.blogspot.com/

I have progressed from math tutor to math teacher. Though teaching scares and stresses me, I kind of like it. Right now I'm preparing a test for the freshmen.

I'll only be working here at Maxwell for another 3 days, then I have the weekend off to do some touristy things, and then on April 5 I head back to Tanzania.

I'm not-so-secretly hoping that I can return to Maxwell someday. I have really enjoyed my time here!

1 comment:

Adrian said...

tutor to teacher! impressive!