Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ticket Confirmed/Travel Plans

Today I received my e-ticket to Maputo, Mozambique. Leaving is starting to feel more real. I had a going away party last night and next week at church they will pray for me. All I have left to do is finish packing (why oh why all the weight restrictions?), clean my room, and buy a bus ticket to Dar es Salaam. And then I am on my way on the next stage of my journey--the last leg before I come home. *gasp!*

So, for those interested, let me tell you a bit about my travel plans:
I am done here at the orphanage on May 18. I'll spend the 19th cleaning up and I might even stick around the 20th. Then I take a bus to Dar es Salaam (8-10 hours). In Dar es Salaam, I am staying with a friend until my flight on the 24th. On May 24 I fly from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, straight to Maputo, Mozambique. There I will stay with the Woods family for the rest of my Africa trip. The day before my flight leaves Johannesburg, I'll take a bus from Maputo, Mozambique, to Johannesburg, South Africa. I am staying with a church member in Johannesburg for one night, and then the next day I fly out of Johannesburg!

My flight back home goes:
Johannesburg, South Africa -> Addis Ababa, Ethiopia -> Washington, D.C., USA (with a stop in Rome to refuel) -> Chicago, IL ->PORTLAND, OREGON!!!

Thank you everyone for all your support. This year has been amazing and I can't believe how much I've grown! (Okay, I kind of expected the growth, but it's still fantastic!)

Please write to me. I know I don't usually respond to blog comments, but they really make my day!

I'm better at responding to e-mail, so feel free to e-mail me. Just realize that in 8 days I may not have internet anymore!

1 comment:

Swoods said...

We promise you some internet time, Katie! Will be great to see you!