Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Good Day


I have no reason to blog except that I had a good day. Nothing special happened; it was just good. I didn't expect to have such a good day, considering how many times I woke up in the middle of the night being eaten alive by mosquitoes.

Davona and I spent the morning in town and we got almost everything we needed. That is a rare treat. Usually some shop is randomly closed or what we need doesn't exist, etc etc.

The immigration official continues to think we're on better terms than we are. The last two times I've walked into his office I've been greeted by:
"You look cute today"
and the next time:
"It is going to be a good day. " Me: "Why?" Him: "Because you came into my office."

Please, sir, just approve my work permits and let me go. (Last week he also tried to talk me into going to a dance club...ha ha)


The picture at the top is of me handing baby Violet (now named Clara Shei) to her adoptive mom, Kirsten, the day the father signed the paperwork. Yay!!

Just for the record, I'm looking to buy a car when I return home. I really want a Honda Civic, 1992 or newer. I will only buy a manual and I strongly prefer a 4-door. I'd also like a CD player, but that isn't necessary if the price is right. My price range is currently around $1500-$2500. I've been tempted by some newer, more expensive Civics, but I haven't decided yet if I want to take out a loan. Anyway, if you know of anyone selling a car that meets this description, let me know! :)

Thanks for reading my blog. I appreciate your interest in my mission!

No comments: