Sunday, January 18, 2009

Halfway Already?

Today is my "halfway done at Cradle of Love" day. I'm not sure quite how to feel about the fact that I'm halfway done. I feel like I've been here for a year...I'm starting to get to know the ways of this country. I feel comfortable here. I have friends here. I am involved in an amazing ministry here.
But at night I still dream of home.
I plan to take full advantage of these last 4 months of this chapter of my life. When it's over, I will be glad that I was blessed with this opportunity and encouraged to make a difference in the world.
I know it's possible for one very human person to make a big difference for God. At Davona's birthday party in December we tried to count the number of babies she has taken care of since she got married. The count fell awfully close to 300. Three hundred! I think we as humans too often limit our dreams. We don't realize that if we truly give our lives up to God, He will use us in ways more miraculous than we can imagine.

Please keep me and CoL in your prayers.
Thank you and may God bless you!

No comments: